What is the South Carolina Telehealth Alliance (SCTA)?
The SCTA is a statewide collaboration of many organizations that have joined forces to expand telehealth services across the state of South Carolina.
Led by the SCTA Advisory Council, that provides guidance, assists with strategic development, and advises on technology and standards, the SCTA was formed with founding providers, its Strategic Partners, who are providing health care services
Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS)
Department of Mental Health (DMH)
Greenville Health System (GHS)
Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC Health)
Palmetto Care Connections (PCC)
Palmetto Health - USC Medical Group (PH-USC)
South Carolina Educational Television (SCETV)
How is the SCTA funded?
The SCTA is funded by the S.C. State Legislature, via the House Ways & Means Committee and the S.C. Department of Health and Human Services. The Medical University of South Carolina, an agency of the State of South Carolina, serves as the fiscal agent of the SCTA. The SCTA does utilize some external grant funding as well.
What are the services funded by the SCTA?
No. The SCTA primarily funds:
- the administrative functions of programs and services
- telehealth equipment and maintenance
- technical support and security and
- strategic initiatives determined by collaborative strategic planning
What types of telehealth services does the SCTA provide?
Services vary by Alliance partners and include:
- Provider education and training
- Maternal fetal medicine consultations
- Outpatient multi-specialty consultations
- Hospital-based consultations
- Urgent care consultations (e.g., jails, skilled nursing facilities)
- School-based health care (pediatrics)
- Mental Health
- Remote home monitoring
- Direct-to-consumer services (e.g., e-visits)
Are these telehealth services provided everywhere in South Carolina?
Although many services are available throughout the state, our strategic partners are constantly adding new services. Please see our Members page for a list of services and facilities. For more information, please complete the contact form by clicking HERE.